Have you bought or traded-in your vehicle lately? Make sure that you contact your insurance company by calling or emailing your agency to let them know you have a different vehicle!
It only takes a few minutes, but making sure that your insurance company has all the correct information will save you hassle if something does happen.
Buying a new car this weekend? Most auto insurance policies have a clause that states if you purchase a new vehicle you have a certain number of days that you’re automatically covered. Check your policy or confirm with your insurance agent if you have that clause and how many days you’re automatically covered.
Additional Reasons to Update Your Insurance:
- New vehicle
- Adding a driver to your auto
- Your child is using your car in a different state
- You borrow your car to another person not listed as a driver on your policy
- You let your boyfriend/girlfriend/partner drive your car
- You use your car for any type of delivery or livery
- Change of address
- Change of name
- Your child has moved out of your home
If you’re not sure if you need to contact your insurance, just call and ask! Your agent will be more than happy to let you know. Better safe than sorry!